Thursday, September 11, 2008

Personal - Blessed & Giving

I thought today would be a perfect day to just note or remind us all that we all need to sit back and look at how blessed we are. We need to NOT get so wrapped up in the day to day stresses we all have, but to really think about how much we've been given. For me, I have been blessed with two healthy and beautiful boys and a loving husband, and although he hasn't been the picture of health; as many of you know, he'll be having major back surgery next month, which will take 6-8 months to recover from......but "It could be so much worse", that's seems to be my new motto! God has also given me an "eye" so everyone tells me, which I intend to continue to develop and pursue my goal of becoming a full-time photographer...I have a really good career in accounting, but it certainly doesn't "light my fire" as photography does. I have been blessed with so many wonderful "old" and "new" friends that continually encourage me and give me hope. Although I did have one friend say to me this week that the definition of INSANITY in the encyclopedia should have my name in it! (that's after I told her I was up until 1am editing photos).
I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you're having one of those days where you feel like crying and giving up, or you just don't know how you're going to pay this bill or that bill, or whatever it may be; remember all those that have it so much worse, that are ill, or lost their home, or are in ultimate dispair. I find when I remember those people, and try to do what I can to help them, my worries don't seem so sizeable any more......which will lead me into my next post.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you very much too and are very proud of you! I'll do my best to control the house and kids side of the INSANITY. Love You!