Thursday, September 11, 2008

Charity Work

Just wanted to ask for your help and support in a few challenges I'm talking on in the next couple of months:

1. The first is the March of Dimes, on October 4th I'll be walking in New Bedford and raising funds for this amazing organization that provides funding and research for premature babies. I have experienced the wonderful work this organization does first hand from one of my best friends daughters who was born 7 weeks prematurely, to my own godchild who was born almost a month premature and so many others I know this has effected. If you would like to support me and donate online, please go to http://www.marchforbabies.org/nsoares

2. I've had the honor of being asked to be the official photographer for the 1st Annual Beckwith-Wiedemann Children's Foundation Walk, which will be in New Bedford on October 5th. Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome is an overgrowth related disorder that manifests itself in many ways. If any of you watched the last season of "The Biggest Loser" you may have heard about this disease. Jay Kruger who was one of two local brothers that were also final contestants on the show, has been very closely affected by this disease as his daughter was born with it. It affects one in every 14,000 births and has a pre-disposition to cancer and other life-threatening complications. This organization was created to help improve the quality of life for these children. I'm really looking forward to this as it's the first time I'll be covering and event like this, it's a great cause and I will also hopefully get to meet a few of the other "The Biggest Loser" contestants. If you would like to help or find out more, please go to: www.beckwith-wiedemannsyndrome.org

There is one last organization I would like to mention, but will post separately....stay tuned....

No comments: