Monday, December 1, 2008

Frantz & Jackie

I was lucky enough to get some wedding experience under my belt this year by second shooting for Jen Leatherwood, which was an amazing opportunity. But I finally shot my first wedding on my own this past weekend. Frantz & Jackie thank you so much for letting me document your beautiful day. It was an interesting one to say the least, the ceremony started exactly 1 hour late leaving us in the dark for formal pictures. Talk about trying to be creative, and finding every available street light! I especially enjoyed witnessing some of Frantz's Haitian customs and listening to one of my favorite styles of music at the reception: morna (creole). There is something romantic and mesmerizing about that beat, watching them out on the dance floor really wrapped up the day and the love these two share. Here are just a few of my favorites:











No comments: